This blog is going to be like a big buffet of goodness! There are so many parts to my personality and I intend on sharing every single part with you here on this blog. Whether it's cooking, recipes, product reviews, beauty related things, household tips for meal planning and decorating all on a tight budget, to tech stuff like app reviews, tips and tricks on how to get your phone looking oh so snazzy to even paranormal related stuff and book reviews. I hope your ready! If so please hit that follow button below so you will be sure to not miss a single post!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Favorite Smoothie Recipes!

Hey beauties! I thought I would do a post on my favorite smoothie recipes. I am fairly new to smoothies. I just started drinking them a few months ago when I decided to purchase a Magic Bullet. I must admit that at first I was NOT a fan of them either. It was all I could do to drink half a glass of one. I found that I was wasting so much produce because I was just basically pouring it down the sink. I thought making smoothies was easy but in all honesty the method of making them is easy, it's knowing what ingredients to add together to make a delicious smoothie that can be a bit complicated, at least to me it was. I found that I liked the smoothies that used more fruit than veggies, of course not everyone will be the same in that aspect. I also figured out that although I adore strawberries, I absolutely hate them in my smoothies. I don't know how it is with other smoothie machines but the Magic Bullet does not remove the seeds and I can not stand any type of seed or pealing left in my smoothies. I am a texture girl and THAT texture is just not my thing. 
So, basically I am saying that when it comes to smoothie making don't be surprised if you have to waste a few to find out what combinations you like. It's all part of the process. 
With all that being said, here are three of my favorite "smoothie" type drinks to enjoy!


SMOOTHIE RECIPE #1
*About 6 or 7 small ice cubes
*3-4 Frozen peach slices (I buy them in the bag already cut and frozen)
*5-6 frozen green seedless grapes
*3 slices of frozen mango (I also buy these already cut and frozen)
*1/2 cup of crushed pineapples with a little bit of the juice (I use the canned kind)
*1/2 cup pineapple orange juice
*Palm full of spinach & Kayle (I buy this already packaged together in a container)
*A table spoon of honey
*One drop of vanilla extract (optional)


SMOOTHIE RECIPE #2
*6-7 small ice cubes
*1 cup of Pineapple Coconut Juice (I buy a glass bottle of this at my HEB grocery store)
*1/2 cup crushed pineapple
*1/2 of a frozen banana
*5-6 frozen green seedless grapes
*Palm full of spinach & Kayle
*4-5 Baby carrots
*Teaspoon of honey


SMOOTHIE RECIPE #2
(This is what I drink when I have a chocolate craving and it's not a cheat day)

*8 small ice cubes
*1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla Greek Yogurt
*2 table spoons of chocolate syrup
*1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk


These recipes will make one glass and are based on how much a Magic Bullet container holds. Of course you can make more servings by increasing the amount of ingredients. 
Hope you all enjoy! 
Leave me a comment and tell me some of your favorite smoothie recipes!

XOXO,







No comments:

Post a Comment