This blog is going to be like a big buffet of goodness! There are so many parts to my personality and I intend on sharing every single part with you here on this blog. Whether it's cooking, recipes, product reviews, beauty related things, household tips for meal planning and decorating all on a tight budget, to tech stuff like app reviews, tips and tricks on how to get your phone looking oh so snazzy to even paranormal related stuff and book reviews. I hope your ready! If so please hit that follow button below so you will be sure to not miss a single post!

Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Top 5 Past Makeup Mistakes

This topic was actually requested on my youtube channel for me to do. However, I felt that I could better cover it in a blog post. So, I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to share some of your past makeup mistakes in the comment section. 



MISTAKE #1:

Not wearing sunscreen when going out into the sun. 
I used to tan so much, both outdoors as well as in a tanning bed. I would even tan multiple times a day and not once would I ever even remotely consider buying a sunscreen let alone putting one on. Are you kidding me? Block the sun? Miss out on being all bronze and beautiful? No way! Never! The sad thing about all that is, now I'm in my 30's and I am paying for that way of thinking. I have very uneven skin pigmentation on my face as well as my shoulders. I also have alot of redness on my face due to over exposure to the sun. I have alot of sun spots on my shoulders from over exposure as well. So, thinking that way in my 20's and not using sunscreen during those times will forever have a lasting effect on my appearance for the rest of my life. 
ALWAYS USE SUNSCREEN! 
A TAN IS JUST NOT WORTH IT. 
There are ways to tan that doesn't require the sun. There are countless self tanners out there that not only give you that tan but most of them create a more healthy looking tan than actually laying out or tanning in the tanning bed normally give you. 



MISTAKE #2:

Not using moisturizer. 
As I stated above I used to tan alot. Tanning can dry out the skin tremendously. I should have at least used a moisturizer during that time if no other time in my life. However, as I stated about the sunscreen, I never thought once about buying a moisturizer to use for my face. To be honest I always thought that moisturizers were for "old" people. Yeah, how crazy is that way of thinking?! As a result I now have premature wrinkles. I would almost bet anything on the fact that I could have prevented alot of those wrinkles just by using a daily moisturizer. I actually do use the moisturizer pictured above. It is very good and I highly recommend it. It is one of the top moisturizers recommended by Dr. Oz as well. You can find it at most drugstores. I found mine at Walmart, and the best part? It is a very big container that will last you quite a while and it is UNDER $5.00! Now there is no excuse not to be using a good moisturizer. 



MISTAKE #3:

Wearing crazy blue mascara. 
Now I know there might be some of you reading this that say, "What's wrong with blue mascara?" My answer to that is....Nothing is wrong with it if it's your thing. However, I personally think it is a makeup mistake. I don't really think it looks nice on anyone and can look a bit theatrical or even Halloween-ish to me. I am guilty of really doing this one up in my late teens. I used to wear blue eyeshadow, bright blue mascara and bright blue eyeliner. Why not match right? NO! JUST NO! I am a much bigger fan of using a colored eyeliner instead of colored mascaras. 




MISTAKE #4:

Wearing way to much eyeliner!!!
Yikes, I was so bad about this one. I can not believe how I used to leave the house. To me, the darker under the eye, the better. That might be some people's cup of tea but it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why it ever did. LOL!



MISTAKE #5:

Practically dead lips!
You know those lipsticks that you put on that looks like a concealer and therefore makes you pretty much look like a walking corpse from the nose down? Yeah, GUILTY! I honestly blame Pamela Anderson for starting this insane craze. Although, she is the one exception that I honestly did think it looked nice on her. I mean I must have right or otherwise why would I have tried it for myself?! Regardless, reality fairy finally slapped me a few good times and thankfully I don't do it to that extreme anymore. Don't get me wrong now, I still love a good nude lip as much as the next person but now I tend to stick with more mauve nudes or pink nudes than actual "concealer" nudes. The only nude like that I still have and refuse to get rid of is the ELF lipstick in Natural Nymph. I adore that lipstick but it is one of those concealer nudes. I still wear it but now I add a bit of a pink gloss over it to bring some life to my lips. 
So stay away from the dead ladies, the land of the living is so much more appealing!




Well, that pretty much does it for my Top 5 Past Makeup Mistakes. Don't forger to leave a comment and let me know of some of yours. I promise I won't laugh to hard. (I hope you know my fingers are crossed behind my back on that one.) 

See ya next time,






**All images were obtained from Google Images**




No comments:

Post a Comment