This blog is going to be like a big buffet of goodness! There are so many parts to my personality and I intend on sharing every single part with you here on this blog. Whether it's cooking, recipes, product reviews, beauty related things, household tips for meal planning and decorating all on a tight budget, to tech stuff like app reviews, tips and tricks on how to get your phone looking oh so snazzy to even paranormal related stuff and book reviews. I hope your ready! If so please hit that follow button below so you will be sure to not miss a single post!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Weightloss Ups and Downs

While up tonight looking for weightloss motivation, information, tips, low cal recipes etc I found myself really becoming very bored with it all. I mean sure I've lost 60 pounds since this whole journey for me began, but it's taken me two years to loose those 60 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I know that I should be proud and I am, believe me I would much rather be 60 pounds lighter than 60 pounds heavier. It's just that I know I should have been farther and if I hadn't been a slacker so many times then I would have been at my goal weight right now. Also, when your starting out as big as I did and still am, it takes alot weightloss before anyone including yourself can really start to notice a difference and that can be very discouraging. So, thinking all these thoughts I started to feel those old self doubt thoughts creeping back into my head saying...your still so big, why try so hard you know it's not going to come off quick. OR...you don't have to workout tonight it probably won't make much of a difference anyway. OR...why are you killing yourself, no one can see any difference in you at all. Blah blah blah brain blah blah! Same old stuff over and over and over. Tonight was different though thank God above because I was able to pull myself out of the slump enough to know what was going on and I went in search of inspiration so to speak and stumbled upon a blog of this girl who was pretty heavy as well when she started her weightloss journey back in 2006...she is now at her goal weight and looks amazing! It was like God knew exactly what to send me because her blog really put me back on the right path. So thank you Heavenly Father for that!

One of her posts she was talking about how others treated her while she was loosing the weight. She talked about her having lost about 40 pounds, she was feeling good about her journey and her progress and then she went out in public and over heard someone making fun of how big she was and how hearing that sent her into this downward spiral of emotions that she couldn't control. It's those types of things that us bigger girls have to deal with. Please don't misunderstand me, loosing weight is extremely hard no matter what size you are but I feel that with each size comes different hardships so to speak. For instance what this girl was talking about. That is why I related to her so much. Like I said above, I have lost 60 pounds in two years and I do feel good about that. However, I still get people saying things about my weight. Whether it be family members who are genuinely concerned about my health and try to give me advice, which we all know turns into much more than that, or just random people who don't care how bad their words hurt people. That puts major set backs on weightloss to hear things like that period let alone when you have lost so much weight and think your doing awesome and then you hear someone call you a fat ass, or hear them talking about how big you are in other ways. You think to yourself, "wow, I've lost so much weight already and they are still saying those things maybe no matter what I do it will never be enough. Maybe the weight isn't going to come off to the point that this stuff will ever stop." I am guilty of being put off and pulled down by instances such as these but I am proud to say that I am also the type of person who doesn't dwell on it to long before I pick myself up and keep going no matter the cost, criticisms, taunts etc. You have to. You have to keep going because those people who are saying those things about you don't know anything! They are mean hurtful people with mean hearts. They don't deserve an ounce of that power that your giving them to allow them to bring you that far down enough to stop doing something that could enhance your life to the maximum! THEY DON'T DESERVE THAT POWER! What makes them so special? NOTHING!

Anyway, I am back on track now and no matter how many times it takes me...maybe this is the time maybe it isn't, maybe it will take me 50 more tries to get this damn weight off who knows! What I do know though is that no one and I do mean no one is going to stop me from getting back up and trying again and again and again if that is what I need to do!

Final thought is do not listen to what other's say. Because negativity usually comes from negativity and more than likely those people have some deep down scars from something in their life that has caused them to think that is is completely ok to not only act that way but ok to say those types of things to another human being. Pray for them and you keep going because that's what God wants you to do and his opinion ALWAYS over rides theirs.

For example, here are some other people throughout history that didn't listen to what other's said about them...thank goodness they didn't because those people WERE WRONG!

The blog where I got these from will be listed below. Good luck to everyone on their own journeys and God bless!

After Fred Astaire's first screen test, the memo from the testing director of MGM, dated 1933, said, "can't act! Slightly Bald! Can dance a little!" Astaire kept that memo over the fireplace in his Beverly Hills home.

An expert said of Vince Lombardi: "He possesses minimal football knowledge. Lacks Motivation."

Socrates was called, "An immoral corrupter of youth."

When Peter J. Daniel was in the fourth grade, his teacher, Mrs. Phillips, constantly said, "Peter J. Daniel, you're no good, you're a bad apple and you're never going to amount to anything." Peter was totally illiterate until he was 26. A friend stayed up with him all night and read him a copy of Think and Grow Rich. Now he owns the street corners he used to fight on and just published his latest book: Mrs. Phillips, You Were Wrong.


Louisa May Alcott, the author of Little Women, was encouraged to find work as a servant or seamstress by her family.

Beethoven handled the violin awkwardly and preferred playing his own compositions instead of improving his technique. His teacher called him hopeless as a composer.

The parents of the famous opera singer Enrico Caruso wanted him to be an engineer. His teachers said he had no voice at all and could not sing.

Walt Disney was fired by a newspaper editor for lack of ideas. Walt Disney also went bankrupt several times before he built Disneyland.

Thomas Edison's teachers said he was too stupid to learn anything.

Albert Einstein did not speak until he was four years old and didn't read until he was seven. His teacher described him as "mentally slow, unsociable and adrift forever in his foolish dreams." He was expelled and refused admittance to Zurich Polytechnic School.

Louis Pasteur was only a mediocre pupil in undergraduate studies and ranked 15 out of 22 in chemistry.

Isaac Newton did very poorly in grade school.

The sculptor Rodin's father said, "I have an idiot for a son." Described as the worst pupil in the school, Rodin failed three times to secure admittance to the school of art. His uncle called him uneducable.

Leo Tolstoy, author of War and Peace, flunked out of college. He was described as "both unable and unwilling to learn."

Playwright Tennessee Williams was enraged when his play, Me, Vasha was not chosen in a class competition at Washington University where he was enrolled in English XVI. The teacher recalled that Williams denounced the judges' choices and their intelligence.

F. W. Woolworth's employers at the dry goods store said he had not enough sense to wait upon customers.

Henry Ford failed and went broke five times before he finally succeeded.

Babe Ruth, considered by sports historians to be the greatest athlete of all time and famous for setting the home run record, also holds the record for strikeouts.

Winston Churchill failed sixth grade. He did not become Prime Minister of England until he was 62, and then only after a lifetime of defeats and setbacks. His greatest contributions came when he was a "senior citizen."

Eighteen publishers turned down Richard Bach's Jonathan Livingston Seagull, before Macmillan finally published it in 1970. By 1975 it had sold more than seven million copies in the U.S. alone.

Richard Hooker worked for seven years on his humorous war novel, M*A*S*H, only to have it rejected by 21 publishers before Morrow decided to publish it. It became a runaway bestseller, spawning a blockbusting movie and highly successful television series.



By Jack Canfield and Mark V. Hansen
from A Cup of Chicken Soup for the Soul



BLOG I TALKED ABOUT: http://www.jensjourney.com


No comments:

Post a Comment