This blog is going to be like a big buffet of goodness! There are so many parts to my personality and I intend on sharing every single part with you here on this blog. Whether it's cooking, recipes, product reviews, beauty related things, household tips for meal planning and decorating all on a tight budget, to tech stuff like app reviews, tips and tricks on how to get your phone looking oh so snazzy to even paranormal related stuff and book reviews. I hope your ready! If so please hit that follow button below so you will be sure to not miss a single post!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

One of my favorite poets & poems...

I absolutely love Robinson Jeffers. His poems are so amazing. He was or seems like he was such a man who was so fine tuned into the world and what was important in life. He seemed to appreciate the logic in things no matter how grand or small it was. He has many many poems, most all of which can be found by going to this website:
http://www.poemhunter.com/robinson-jeffers/poems/page-1/?a=a&l=1&y=

This is one of my favorites...


Inscription For A Gravestone

I am not dead, I have only become inhuman:
That is to say,
Undressed myself of laughable prides and infirmities,
But not as a man
Undresses to creep into bed, but like an athlete
Stripping for the race.
The delicate ravel of nerves that made me a measurer
Of certain fictions
Called good and evil; that made me contract with pain
And expand with pleasure;
Fussily adjusted like a little electroscope:
That's gone, it is true;
(I never miss it; if the universe does,
How easily replaced!)
But all the rest is heightened, widened, set free.
I admired the beauty
While I was human, now I am part of the beauty.
I wander in the air,
Being mostly gas and water, and flow in the ocean;
Touch you and Asia
At the same moment; have a hand in the sunrises
And the glow of this grass.
I left the light precipitate of ashes to earth
For a love-token.

-Robinson Jeffers

2 comments:

  1. ...reminds me of when Zak Bagans and the Ghost Adventure crew did an investigation of his home. weird stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I know!! I actually just got to see that episode recently and it blew me away. I loved how they portrayed him and his life and personality. The format for that episode was amazing and so fitting. Is hands down my fav episode of theirs now. I still have it saved on my DVR! Thanks for reading. Great to hear from another GAC fan ;)

    ReplyDelete